Doors Open 2019
Saturday May 25
Sunday May 26
Participate in one of Toronto’s favourite events with a visit to the Cathedral during Doors Open 2019. While the Cathedral is open every single day of the year, Doors Open is unique as we welcome hundreds of visitors and offer specials activities, programs and services.
Saturday (Hours: 10:00am – 5:00pm)
- Learn about the Cathedral on a guided tour (running at various times during the day)
- Participate in an Instructional Eucharist – learn about Anglicanism and experience a beautiful service of Holy Communion at 12:30pm.
- Climb up to the historic bell tower and learn about the art of bell-ringing
- Learn about the ceremonial outfits of Anglican priests in our “Anglican Apparel” fashion show/demonstration at 11:30am and 2:30pm
- Listen to an organ mini-recital, and take part in a demonstration and Q&A at 10:30, 1:30, and 3:30pm
Sunday (Hours: 12:30 – 4:00pm)
- Learn about the Cathedral on a guided tour (Running between 12:30-1:30pm & 2:30-3:00pm)
- Participate in a Mandarin Service of Holy Eucharist at 1:30pm
- Watch the professional Cathedral Choir in rehearsal at 3:00pm
- Doors Open officially concludes at 4:00pm, but visitors are most welcome to stay for the organ recital at 4:00pm, and Evensong, a beautiful choral service sung by the Cathedral choir of St. James, at 4:30pm.
- Leave prayers and hopes for the city
- Participate in a self-guided scavenger hunt